Nurse Practitioner – Dillon Family Medicine
Dillon Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm Friday 8am-1pm
Call required is phone call and is 1:9
Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician:
- Displays correct techniques in examination.
- Obtains organized, appropriately thorough physical examination.
- Examines in a safe manner appropriate to the patient’s age.
- Documents all pertinent information accurately, legibly and in a timely manner.
Orders interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs:
- Aware of effective treatment regimens.
- Considers the singe, cost-effective treatments first.
- Knows the use, limitations, and side effects of recommended therapies.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment as deemed necessary.
- Considers all data before making a decision.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition:
- Establishes appropriate rapport with patient.
- Obtains thorough history of the presenting problem.
- Obtains appropriate history of past illnesses, family history, review of systems, and psychosocial history.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan:
- Coordinates care with family in an accessible, acceptable and affordable plan.
- Collaborates with other health professionals as appropriate.
- Refers to physicians as appropriate for complex medical managements, consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Demonstrates responsible dependable behavior:
- Prepares adequately for clinical experience.
- Cooperates with preceptor and staff.
Satellite Clinic as deemed appropriate.
Call is required
Responsible for any administrative and clinical duties for the Lung program as outlined in the Advanced Practitioner’s Scope of Practice.
1-2 years of experience in a healthcare environment.
State of South Carolina Certification as Nurse Practitioner
Dillon, SC, United States