Nurse Practitioner PRN – Chronic Care Management/Diabetes Center
PRN as needed
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Proactively anticipates and coordinates care services across multiple providers and care settings, provides comprehensive self-management and health education for targeted member populations
- Promotes and facilitates improved clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction, as well as efficient use of resources in order to obtain optimum value for both the patient and reimbursement.
- Performs complete assessment of patient’s current health status (medical, physical, and psychosocial) and develops specialized treatment plans.
- Performs physical examinations appropriate for the patient age and history, considering differential diagnosis when making clinical recommendations.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with patients to assist them in examining patterns of health care needs, decisions, lifestyle choices, and utilization of resources that affect their health.
- Responsible for ensuring patient goals are achieved within specified time period based upon individual needs, reasonable expectations and documented outcomes.
- Functions as the patient’s consistent point of contact, serving as a bridge across the care continuum, actively collaborating across multiple disciplines to create aligned processes for transitions of care.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic test, identifies appropriate pharmacologic agents and nonpharmacological interventions.
- Records formulated plan based on patient’s condition:
- Establishes appropriate rapport with patient.
- Obtains thorough history of the presenting problem.
- Obtains appropriate history of past illnesses.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals if needed to prepare patient care plan:
- Coordinates care with family in an accessible, acceptable and affordable.
- Collaborates with other health professionals as appropriate.
- Refers to physicians as appropriate for complex medical management, consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Practices in accordance to the APRN practice agreement.
Three years of total nursing experience required with a minimum of one year in care coordination/case management or related work experience required
Education/Licenses and/or Registrations/Certifications:
Required: Advanced Practice RN
Current unrestricted registered nursing license verified by LLR
Certified in Diabetes Education or Advanced Diabetes Management
Florence, SC, United States