Nursing Assistant, McLeod Urology Associates
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Directs patients to complete patient information forms and enters data into computer.
Obtains assignment and authorization signatures, copies of insurance cards, and necessary claim forms as needed.
Answers telephone within three rings using good customer service skills to ascertain the nature of the call as needed.
Delivers documents to other departments such as patient forms, mail, etc.
Obtains accurate demographic information as well as insurance information each visit.
Delivers accurate and legible messages to appropriate person.
Repeats key information when taking messages to ensure accuracy as needed.
Uses proper telephone etiquette when receiving and transferring calls; speaks clearly and concisely and exercises tact and diplomacy.
Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
Schedules and reschedules appointments.
- Assists the physician in assessing the needs of patients based on data collected through history, observation, physical exam, telephone triage and analysis of diagnostic data:
- Performs direct patient care, i.e. triage, assessment, procedures, treatments, patient education, discharge and follow-up instructions. Prepares patient to be seen by physician.
- Formulates the initial database by systematically collecting pertinent information through communication with patient and family, observation and objective evaluation. This includes vital signs, history, and chief complaint, and documentation of all relevant information in the patient’s chart.
- Records data in patient’s medical record as appropriate.
d) Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment needed to perform duties.
- Possesses skills and abilities required in a multifaceted environment in addition to those relating to nursing:
- Promotes a climate conducive to learning through encouragement of co-worker’s formal and informal continuing education.
- Actively participates in departmental QA projects. Promotes the practice mission and philosophy.
- Promotes the practice by projecting a positive image.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
- Coordinate the process of referring patients to appropriate clinics.
Communicate with patients to ensure follow-through with referrals.
Support doctors and patients in synchronizing appointments, authorizations, and tests taking place
in different clinics.
Ensure insurances are compatible with referrals.
Organize work list to ensure patients are triaged correctly with referrals.
Organize work list ensuring multiple doctor request are handled timely.
Coordinate with all clinical and clerical staff as needed to complete the referral process.
- Computer skills
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- Must possess a valid Nursing Assistant Certification
Florence, SC, United States