Nursing Assistant – Surgical Home (formerly Pre-Admit Testing) / PRN as needed
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population indicated above and understands the requirements of assessment, treatment, and care of the specific age group(s).
- Initiates and maintains the hygiene/ cleanliness of the patients, the patient’s environment, and; but not limited to, the Day Hospital/Outpatient Surgery
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Using Service Excellence Standards conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Promotes and fosters an environment of comfort and safety for patients and visitors.
- Performs or assists with performing nutritional/ hydration interventions (feeding, providing fluids, H20 or snacks).
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through the performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in Evidence Based tasks.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety to protect both the patient and staff.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Day Hospital/Outpatient Surgery (refer to McLeod Health Medical-Surgical Technician/Extern II/Extern III/Graduate Extern Competency Checklist):
- Assigned Access Control Applications
- Infection Control/Hospital Acquired Conditions
- National Patient Safety Initiatives
- Emergency Codes
- Hourly Comfort Rounds/Get It Scripting/Communication Boards
- Fall Prone Assessment
- Code Management/Rapid Response
- Evacu Chair
- Wound and Skin Care
- Dressing Changes
- Safe patient Handling
- Waived Testing
- Vital Signs
- Intake and Output
- Incentive Spirometer
- Tubes & Drains
- Foley Catheter
- Nurse-Driven Foley Removal
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families, and visitors.
- Performs general transportation and courier duties as directed.
- Participates proactively in problem solving initiatives.
Job Status: PRN as needed; Operating hours Monday through Friday rotating shifts weekly from 8:00a-4:00p; 8:30a-4:30p; and 9:00a-5:00p or until patient care needs are complete.
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program or 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting. Minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program
Florence, SC, United States