Nursing Assistant Training Program (advanced skills)
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competencies document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item.
- Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population indicated above and understands the requirements of assessment, treatment, and care of the specific age group(s).
- Initiates and maintains the hygiene/ cleanliness of the patients, the patient’s environment, and the unit environment.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications such as (large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Performs or assists with performing nutritional/ hydration interventions (feeding, providing fluids, H20 or snacks).
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through the performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in Evidence Based Tasks.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety to protect both the patient and staff.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Performs general transportation and courier duties as directed.
- Participates proactively in problem solving initiatives.
Nursing Assistants work under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to assist patients with their daily living activities and other healthcare needs. This course offers basic nursing assistant training as well as advanced skills instruction on how to perform tasks such as lab draws, foley catheter care, and wound care to name a few. McLeod Health acknowledges these advanced skills using the job title, “Medical Surgical Technician”. If patient care interests you, this is an opportunity to jump start your career as a Healthcare Professional.
McLeod Health is offering this opportunity to folks who reside in Chesterfield, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Marion, and Marlboro Counties. Student selection will be on a first come, first serve basis. Placement in the program is NOT guaranteed. Qualified applicants must:
- Meet student enrollment requirements with FDTC
- Meet McLeod Health employment eligibility requirements (background check, professional references, rehire status, etc.)
- Clear employee health screening to include physical strength test and drug screen
- Meet WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) eligibility requirements. Visit www.scworks.org/wioa.asp for a list of requirements
Training will be held at Florence Darlington Technical College in Florence, SC. at NO cost to the student. Successful completion of the training program merits a Medical Surgical Technician Certificate; registration to take State Nursing Assistant Certification Exam, and full-time employment with McLeod Health.
Licenses/Certifications/Registrations/Education: Minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program
Program Schedule: Specific class training schedules and start dates will be determined and are based on the number of qualified candidates. We have the ability to offer day, evening, and hybrid (online) class schedules. Once final student selections are made, class schedules will be communicated.
Florence, SC, United States