Occupational Therapist (PRN Acute Care) – Seacoast
Little River, SC
Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Treatments are performed as ordered in a safe, timely manner. Staff and family members are involved in the treatment when indicated. Medical documentation is in accordance with AOTA standards of care.
4. Participates in Performance Improvement monitors, reporting, and utilization of Physical Rehab. Services.
5. Attends and takes part in services, meetings, and educational sessions
6. Ensures an orderly, clean, safe work area; is accountable for cost-effective quality patient care.
7. Displays an understanding and appropriately modifies approach to each patient based on the patient’s cognitive,
emotional and chronological maturity in the assessment, treatment and care undertaken.
8. Evaluates patients referred for O.T. utilizing specializing testing procedures and skills, incorporating data from
the medical records and assessing the patient’s strength, range of motion, coordination, perception, sensation,
cognition, independence in daily living skills and rehab potential.
9. Performs evidenced based care. Seeks out research to support interventions.
10. Correlates data from the evaluation to determine individualized occupational therapy plan of care as directed
towards short and long term goals.
11. Supervises operation of specific treatment team. Meets with COTA on a regular basis to discuss patients and address goals.
12. Ensures quality of patient treatment and carries up to a full caseload.
13. Adheres to all facility and corporate policies and procedures.
14. Recognizes problems and recommends solutions for positive changes in operations.
15. Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changes in operations, management styles and position routines.
16. Assumes personal responsibilities for professional development and continuing education. Willingly participates in continuing education programs when requested.
17. Respects, at all times, the confidentiality of patient’s records and facility operations. Uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
18. Demonstrates a complete knowledge of the staffing hierarchical structure and chain of command; follows proper lines of communication.
19. Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness and strives to use time effectively.
20. Arranges time schedule in accordance with the needs of the hospital and to accommodate changes in caseload in the department
21. Accepts assignments for other projects when necessary.
22. Provides proper notification and advance notice for absence. Never abuses or takes advantage of sick time or personal time; maintains personal health.
Current South Carolina license as a OT; Current CPR certification.
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from accredited program
Little River, SC, United States