Operating Room Coordinator, Operating Room
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Controls the flow of the Operating Room- calling for patients in a timely manner, monitoring room status, assigning staff, scheduling breaks / lunches for staff, and communicating changes with Team members throughout the day.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Arranges Operating Room schedule in accordance with the needs of the surgeon and patients. Assigns arrival times for patients Provides leadership and managerial oversight for the staff to ensure quality & safety in the delivery of patient care.
- Provides clear and effective communications regarding all hospital policies and practices. Serve as an internal expert and provide advice or guide peers/ staff on all aspects related to assigned specialty
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with all Operating Room team members to ensure effective relationships with McLeod’s Core Values and staff development.
- Works with OR leadership in planning, problem solving, & process improvement activities.
- Seeks continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the surgical team.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to department as evidenced in work habits.
- ADN required, BSN preferred
Licenses and/or Certifications
- An active Registered Nursing License verified by the LLR
BLS (Required for ALL nurses), Advanced Resuscitative Certification (ACLS) appropriate to their patient population
Florence, SC, United States