Outpatient Staff Pharmacist (As Needed) – Employee Pharmacy
Outpatient Staff Pharmacist (As Needed)
• Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. • Serves as a drug information resource for members of the health care team. • Contacts the provider in a timely manner when there is a concern about a prescription related to a drug interaction, allergy, drug disease state interaction, and other circumstances as indicated. • Adheres to all state and federal laws pertaining to the practice of outpatient pharmacy. • Knows and follows regulatory standards and policies related to all governing bodies. • Provides supervision and direction to pharmacy technicians to ensure timely and accurate pharmacy services. • Handles and resolves customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty. • Administers vaccinations. • Manages the inventory and monetary transactions for optimizing cost efficiency of the outpatient pharmacy. • Counsels patients on their drug therapy to enhance compliance and identify side effects. • Answers questions and provides OTC recommendations based on patient needs and evaluation of medication history and identified disease states. • Establish collaborative professional relationships with other healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients. • Responsible for investigating and resolving third-party payment issues.
Work Schedule: PRN (As Needed). Hours of operation are 7:00am to 8:00pm Monday-Friday and 9:00am to 1:00pm on Saturdays.
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in the state of South Carolina.
- Completion of APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Program
- Maintain current certification from the American Heart Association as a BLS Provider
Florence, SC, United States