Pathology Assistant (As Needed) – Seacoast
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Receive, verify, and prepare specimens using correct technique and protocol.
- Perform examination of specimens through inspection by palpation and with the aid of instruments. Dictate account of all important findings from gross examination.
- Performs slide/specimen preparation and analysis for frozen section using appropriate procedure with precision and accuracy.
- Assists in maintaining supplies and reagents.
- Processes cytologic material.
- Prepares materials that need to be sent to reference labs.
- Performs and records preventive maintenance and instrument function checks.
- Handles and disposes of all used specimens and collection material safely according to laboratory policy.
- Other projects as assigned
Baccalaureate degree in chemical or biological science, or medical technology from an accredited institution, or otherwise meeting regulatory requirements.
Little River, SC, United States