Patient Access Specialist
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
- Knowledgeable with the preservice functions including order receipt and transcription, scheduling and the registration components. This also includes insurance payer requirements to ensure financial clearance for the patient.
- Provides physician practices, patients, and ancillary department scheduling services for outpatient procedures provided by McLeod Health.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound scheduling, rescheduling and cancellations. This includes capturing current demographic and insurance data for all patients.
- Utilizing all tools and resources furnished including Microsoft Outlook and Teams.
- Ensures timely and accurate scheduling with patients, physician practices and ancillary departments in accordance with the order.
- Assists the ancillary departments in Florence, Cheraw, Clarendon, Dillon, Loris, Seacoast and Carolina Forest ensuring the specific templates support patient, department, and facility needs.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all assigned work queues specific to orders, scheduling and insurance verification..
- Notifies the Patient Access Supervisor if trends or patterns are identified that would delay patient care.
- Supports the Patient Access Supervisor with special projects, as needed.
- Fundamental understanding of call center KPI’s and thresholds to measure productivity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metric driven environment that is patient centered.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Minimum 2 years data entry/computer experience
- Advanced knowledge of Windows based computer systems
- Written and verbal communication skills with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in call center, medical office, or insurance related field
- Experience with physician orders, scheduling and insurance verification
- Problem solving and performance improvement skills
- Revenue Cycle knowledge and the understanding of how this work impacts such
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States