Patient Account Mgr
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and hiring staff to meet the needs of the department. May counsel and perform disciplinary actions as needed including recommending dismissal. Consults Director as needed.
- Responsible for performance evaluations and competency validation for staff members. Measures productivity and provides constructive feedback to employees on a regular basis.
- Manages and oversees the day to day operations of the Business Services functions that may include Billing, Cash, Customer Service or Patient Accounts. Ensures completion of enrollment to payor sites and stays up to date with payor regulations.
- Receive, process and verify the accuracy of information utilizing all means available within the department.
- Coordinates documenting information necessary to complete Business Service functions for the account.
- Works closely with and communicates in a professional manner with various customers and personnel involved within and outside of Business Services.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced office environment while being detail oriented.
- Monitors and analyzes weekly reports provided to management.
- Manages adequate work load distribution to staff such that assignments can be completed in a timely manner.
- Controls costs in the Billing, Cash, Customer Service or Patient Accounts areas.
Work Schedule: 80 hours biweekly
At least 2 – 5 years’ experience in Business Services area.
At least 2 – 5 years supervisory experience.
Associates Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Management or related field from an accredited school.
Will consider experience in lieu of degree.
Florence, SC, United States