Patient Care Sitter (as needed) – McLeod Loris
Part of the McLeod Health system that delivers care from South Carolina’s Midlands to the Coast, McLeod Health Loris – a not-for-profit 50-bed hospital – specializes in general surgery, women’s services, emergency care, critical care, urology, and physical/occupational/speech therapies. We also have a new Dialysis Access Center. McLeod Health Loris’s 120 physicians on active and affiliate medical staff represent more than 32 specialties.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Observes confused patients at risk for harm to self or others.
- Observes patients who are under suicide protection precautions.
- Protects patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrate continued professional growth.
- Provide an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients’ families and visitors.
- Contribute to the growth and performance of the department.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Consistently handles customer complaints promptly and effectively when problems are encountered.
- Consistently recognizes potential or real problems as they arise, presents workable solutions, and participates in their implementation, with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Assigned Unit (refer to McLeod Health Sitter Competency:
- Infection Control
- Patient Safety
- Fall Prevention
- Emergency Notification
- Compass Training
- Suicidal Patients
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- PRN as needed
- HS diploma preferred/GED from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program.
Loris, SC, United States