Patient Care Supervisor – HVICU
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
- Promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking:
- Engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements;
- Promoting improvement.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients in, but not limited to HVICU.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth.
- Contributes to the HVICU’s growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families and visitors.
- Supports and validates Hourly Rounds.
- Under the supervision of the Director, competently manages employee related complaints, issues and concerns to optimize the work environment in, but not limited to the HVICU. This will be demonstrated through, but not limited to, the following (refer to McLeod Health Patient Care Supervisor Competency):
- Independent Policy Review
- Personnel File Review
- Unit Specific Tasks
- Clinical Audits
- Assigned Leadership Classes
- Access Control Applications for the HVICU
- Identifying and Accessing Resources for the HVICU
- Employee Engagement Expectations
- Supervises and ensures use of appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff in, but not limited to HVICU.
- Ensures compliance with established HVICU standards, policies and specific standards of care, coordinating patient care activities for assigned shift.
- Performs Patient Care Management duties in maintaining an organized workflow and open communication including: development and evaluation, Performance Improvement and staffing patterns during assigned shift.
- Under the supervision of the Director, oversees staff responsible for performing nursing care specific to the HVICU, but not limited to:
- Emergency Management
- Patient Safety Initiatives
- Patient Satisfaction Initiatives
- Patient Privacy
- Patient Education
- Handoff/Bedside Report
- Electronic Medical Record Documentation
- Carrying out Physician Orders
- Admission, Discharge, and Transfer of Patients
- Patients’ Full System Assessment(s) and Reassessment(s)
- Medication Administration
- Blood and Blood products
- Waive Testing
- Infection Control Precautions
- Prevention and care of Hospital Acquired Conditions.
- Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific needs and/or conditions: Care of and/or removal of chest tubes, pacing wires, Blake tubes, central lines, mediastinal tubes, open chest, epicardial pacer, lumbar drains, pleurex catheters, epidurals, sheath care, Intra Aortic Balloon Pump, prepping patient(s) for Cath lab, prepping patient(s) for CABG, peripheral pulses, awareness and identification of decreased cardiac output indications, EKG monitoring, basic cardiac rhythms, identification of waveforms and normal pressures, and interpretation of patient labs.
- Participates in managing fiscal responsibility of the unit.
- Fosters interdepartmental and collaborative relationships.
- Performs all other duties as they relate to this position.
72 hours bi-weekly. Straight evenings (2pm – 11pm) or evenings with day relief
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
Florence, SC, United States