Patient Care Supervisor, ICU, McLeod Health Seacoast
Little River, SC
Located in one of the fastest growing areas of the country, McLeod Health Seacoast brings advanced health services to the communities in Horry County, SC, and southern Brunswick County, NC. A not-for-profit, 155-bed acute care hospital, McLeod Health Seacoast contributes to the area’s health with more than 30 specialties with 200 physicians. McLeod Health Seacoast offers a wide range of high-quality services, including: Cancer, Cardiology, Digestive Health, Electrophysiology, Emergency Department, General Surgery, Hospice, Imaging/Radiology, 3D Mammography, Intensive Care Unit, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedic Care & Surgery, Pelvic Health, Primary Care, Pulmonology, Rehabilitation Services: Cardiac, Pulmonary, Pediatric, Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy, and Vascular Surgery.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
- promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking
- engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements
- promoting improvement
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families and visitors.
- Supports and validates Hourly Rounds.
- Competently manages employee related complaints, issues and concerns to optimize the work environment.
- Supervises and ensures use of appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Ensures compliance with established unit standards, policies and specific standards of care, coordinating patient care activities for assigned shift.
- Performs Patient Care Management duties in maintaining an organized workflow and open communication including: development and evaluation, Performance Improvement and staffing patterns during assigned shift.
- Participates in managing fiscal responsibility of the unit.
- Fosters interdepartmental and collaborative relationships.
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience
- BSN required
- An active Registered Nursing License verified by the LLR
- BLS (Required for ALL nurses), Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position
Little River, SC, United States