Patient Care Supervisor – Medical (RN Required) Day Shift
- workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
- Promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking:
- Engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements;
- Promoting improvement.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients in, but not limited to Medical.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth.
- Contributes to the Medical Unit’s growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families and visitors.
- Supports and validates Hourly Rounds.
- Under the supervision of the Director, competently manages employee related complaints, issues and concerns to optimize the work environment in, but not limited to the Medical Unit. This will be demonstrated through, but not limited to, the following (refer to McLeod Health Patient Care Supervisor Competency):
- Independent Policy Review
- Personnel File Review
- Unit Specific Tasks
- Clinical Audits
- Assigned Leadership Classes
- Access Control Applications for the Medical Unit
- Identifying and Accessing Resources for the Medical Unit
- Employee Engagement Expectations
- Supervises and ensures use of appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff in, but not limited to Medical Unit.
- Ensures compliance with established Medical Unit standards, policies and specific standards of care, coordinating patient care activities for assigned shift.
- Performs Patient Care Management duties in maintaining an organized workflow and open communication including: development and evaluation, Performance Improvement and staffing patterns during assigned shift.
- Under the supervision of the Director, oversees staff responsible for performing nursing care specific to the Medical Unit, but not limited to:
- Emergency Management
- Patient Safety Initiatives
- Patient Satisfaction Initiatives
- Patient Privacy
- Patient Education
- Handoff/Bedside Report
- Electronic Medical Record Documentation
- Carrying out Physician Orders
- Admission, Discharge, and Transfer of Patients
- Patients’ Full System Assessment(s) and Reassessment(s)
- Medication Administration
- Blood and Blood products
- Waive Testing
- Infection Control Precautions
- Prevention and care of Hospital Acquired Conditions.
- Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific tasks, needs and/or conditions: Bladder scanner, vein finder, daily weights, and Ronco Nurse Call System.
- Participates in managing fiscal responsibility of the unit.
- Fosters interdepartmental and collaborative relationships.
- Performs all other duties as they relate to this position.
Schedule: Day Shift
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
Florence, SC, United States