Patient Care Supervisor, Neurology, Evenings
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination, and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients. Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Supports and validates hourly rounds.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, Foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned.
- Competently manages employee related complaints, issues and concerns to optimize the work environment.
- Supervise, utilize, and ensure use of appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Ensures compliance with established unit standards, policies, standards of care, and coordinating patient care activities for the assigned shift.
- Performs Patient Care Management duties in maintaining an organized workflow and open communication including: development and evaluation, Performance Improvement, staffing patterns during assigned shift.
- Participates in managing fiscal responsibility of the unit.
Evenings Monday-Thursday 3p-11pm.
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
Florence, SC, United States