Patient Care Supervisor, Operating Room, RN Required
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
- Promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking:
- Engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements;
- Promoting improvement.
Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients in, but not limited to the Operating Room.
Demonstrates continued professional growth.
Contributes to the Operating Room’s growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families and visitors.
Under the supervision of the Director, competently manages employee related complaints, issues and concerns to optimize the work environment in, but not limited to the Operating Room. This will be demonstrated through, but not limited to, the following (refer to McLeod Health Patient Care Supervisor Competency)
- Independent Policy Review
- Personnel File Review
- Unit Specific Tasks
- Clinical Audits
- Assigned Leadership Classes
- Access Control Applications for the Operating Room
- Identifying and Accessing Resources for the Operating Room
- Employee Engagement Expectations
Supervises and ensures use of appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff in, but not limited to the Operating Room.
Ensures compliance with established surgical standards, policies and specific standards of care, coordinating patient care activities for assigned shift.
Performs Patient Care Management duties in maintaining an organized workflow and open communication including development and evaluation, Performance Improvement and staffing patterns during assigned shift.
Under the supervision of the Director, oversees staff responsible for performing nursing care specific to the Operating Room, but not limited to:
- Emergency Management
- Patient Safety Initiatives
- Patient Satisfaction Initiatives
- Patient Privacy
- Patient Education
- Handoff/Bedside Report
- Electronic Medical Record Documentation
- Carrying out Physician Orders
- Admission, Discharge, and Transfer of Patients
- Patients’ Full System Assessment(s) and Reassessment(s)
- Medication Administration
- Blood and Blood products
- Waive Testing
- Infection Control Precautions
- Prevention and care of Hospital Acquired Conditions.
- Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific needs and/or conditions: Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data; Delegates, supervises, and evaluates the activities of other team members while simultaneously executing immediate directives and interventions in urgent or emergent situations; Completes verification of Safe Surgery checklist, Prepares Operating Room for patient and procedure; Positions and prepares the patient for the surgical procedure on the Operating Room table; Initiates and maintains the surgical count for the procedure; Serves as a communication liaison to family and members of the operating team; etc.
- Participates in managing fiscal responsibility of the unit.
- Fosters interdepartmental and collaborative relationships.
- Performs all other duties as they relate to this position.
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
- Must possess, or obtain within one year of hire, Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population.
Florence, SC, United States