Patient Care Technician – Recovery Room (full time)
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Serves as technician for the PACU staff/patients.
- Assists PACU nurse with providing equipment needed such as IV pump, SCD machine.
- Assists PACU nurse in checking patient into assigned station from OR.
- Keeps bedside tables stocked with supplies.
- Assists PACU nurse with transportation of patient to room.
- Ensures oxygen tanks are full and readily accessible.
- Serves as House Technician to include responsibilities for transporting deceased patients to the morgue, and/or receiving coroner cases inside/outside of the hospital.
- Responsible for completing all paper work in regards to morgue patients.
- Responsible for processes of releasing deceased patient to funeral home or for autopsy.
- Delivers equipment to all areas of the hospital when needed after hours and holidays.
Work Schedule: Full time; 80 hours biweekly; as scheduled based on department needs. Hours of operation are from 7:00am to 11:00pm; 3rd shift coverage as needed (11p-7a); including weekends and holidays.
Education/Experience Requirements: minimum of High School diploma or equivalent (GED) from an accredited school
Unit Description: Post-Anesthesia Care Unit – inpatient and outpatient recovery post surgery; Bio-Medical Equipment
Florence, SC, United States