Patient Care Technician
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Serves as House Technician to include responsibilities for transporting deceased patients to the morgue, and/or
receiving coroner cases inside/outside of the hospital.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork in regards to morgue patients.
- Responsible for processes of releasing deceased patient to funeral home or for autopsy.
- Delivers equipment to all areas of the hospital when needed after hours and holidays.
- Responsible for transporting patients to and from various locations including from one building to anther by bed, stretcher, or wheelchair.
- Must be able to assist technologist in transferring patients to the imagine table, as well as assisting the technologist with lifting the patient on the bed or stretcher for exams not requiring the patient to be moved to the examination table.
- Will assist patients to the restroom and/or with the use of bedpans and urinals.
- Must maintain the cleanliness and availability of the transport equipment.
- Must maintain supply of oxygen tanks in the department.
- Must be able to utilize and/or operate tanks, monitors, IV pumps and other devises that may accompany the patient.
- May be designated to deliver CT Oral Contrast to the nurse on the patient’s floor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 80 hours bi-weekly
High school diploma or GED required
Florence, SC, United States