Patient Service Coordinator-Lake City Primary Care
1. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values,
2. Perform the duties of Patient Service Coordinator by providing excellent customer service to visitors, patients, and peers
3. Assist visitors/patients who contact Family Medicine in person or by phone
4. Check in and out all patients who present to the Family Medicine Center
5. Provide back-up support for Team Nurses
6. Performs clerical duties as part of job description.
7. Utilizes required computer programs and support systems.
8. Demonstrates respect for patient confidentiality.
9. Maintains equipment as directed to complete assignments.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Maintains and updates patient’s medical record whether hardcopy record or electronic medical record in accordance to guidelines
a. Accurately scans documents to be added to the patients’ electronic medical record within 48 hours of receipt.
b, Notifies the appropriate personnel of any duplicate medical record numbers.
c. Distributes any hardcopy medical records request. Refile these hardcopy records as completed.
d. Maintain a list of any hardcopy records removed from the Medical records Department.
e. Check rejected documents on a daily basis, delete from file.
f. Forwards documents received electronically to appropriate person for review and signature.
g. Follow the standard work outline when attaching documents to orders in ECW/Cerner
12. Manage the daily activities of the Medical Records Department to ensure quality service to our patients.
a. Handling all incoming patient information from doctors (Home health, orders, death certificates)
13. Processes new applications for physicians credentialing with all insurance companies.
a, Processes applications online and also hard copy.
b. Gather pertinent information from the physicians, available website and hospital applications
c. Ensure all applications are signed by the physicians.
d. Maintain a spreadsheet of all physicians and insurance with effective and expiration dates job requirements
HS diploma preferred/Equivalent from an accredited school required
Florence, SC, United States