Payroll Specialist Senior (Florence, SC) FPC or CPP preferred
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assists all employees associated with Mcleod Health and all its entities so that they have a clear understanding of the policy and procedures for Payroll Services to ensure accuracy with our employee payments.
- Answers employee inquiries timely, correctly and with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Demonstrates, through knowledge of McLeod Health policies and procedures and rules and regulations mandate by Federal law, to assure routine decisions can be made with minimal issues.
- Understands and adheres to the importance of total confidentiality of all activities within the Payroll Department.
- Demonstrates initiative to resolve problems / issues and to include supervisor in special situations only.
- Demonstrates wise time management.
- Responsible for the accurate input of data that affects employee’s paystubs.
- Departmental API audits of changes for possible compliance issues.
- Assures Time and Attendance data is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monday API and Oracle audits and corrections for policy violations and errors.
- Retroactive pay processing.
- Garnishment processing.
- Reviewing and calculating manual PTO accruals as needed.
- Uploading and balancing interfaced deductions.
- Provides support to employees and other departments including Finance, Nursing and Administration.
- Other duties include supporting the day to day operations of the Payroll Department include:
- Payroll Processing in Oracle
- Closing / Balancing the period in API
- Uploading data into Oracle using Microsoft Add-Ins when needed
- Special Pays, including auditing relocation for taxability
- Process Direct Deposits and W4 Forms
- Scanning and performing Quality Assurance of payroll documents for easy accessibility
- Any other duties related to the processing of payroll as assigned
- High school diploma with Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- A minimum of 10 years payroll experience required or FPC or CPP certification
- Must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must have good written and oral communication skills and be a team player
- Oracle Payroll experience preferred
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred
Florence, SC, United States