Pharmacist Intern, Clarendon
- Able to maintain and troubleshoot pharmacy printers, copier, and fax machine (change paper and ink/ribbon, reset printers, etc.)
- Understands the components of the Patient Medication Profile and uses this information for problem resolution.
- Understands the functions of pharmacy software and is able to assist in resolving medication-related issues.
- Uses computer system to maintain accuracy of medication charges, claims processing
- Assists the Pharmacist in daily Pharmacy Operations.
- Able to operate all applicable drug dispensing and/or delivery systems relevant to assigned area
- Works well with others and as a part of a team.
- Maintains Organization and Cleanliness of Work Environment.
- Possesses drug knowledge and is able to refer to an follow all applicable medication policies and protocols.
- Utilizes pharmacy technology to prepare medications for safe and accurate dispensing to patients.
- Accurately selects and prepares medications for filling/refilling of medication orders/prescriptions, including controlled substances.
- Compounds and prepares medications following current USP guidelines and procedures; may include hazardous drugs, upon completion of proper required training.
- Technician Checking
- Accurately checks authorized medications pulled/prepared by pharmacy technicians per established State of South Carolina Board of Pharmacy laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as directed under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist
- Enrolled and in attendance at an accredited school of pharmacy, required
- Current, unrestricted State of South Carolina Pharmacy Intern registration, required
- PRN (Coverage as needed. Will work around school schedule)
Manning, SC, United States