Pharmacy Inspection Tech (CPhT required)
McLeod Pharmacy Department
Pharmacy Tech – Certified INPT Sr.
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Exhibits and conveys the message of the Service Excellence Standards, Value of Caring, Value of the Person, Value of Quality, and the Value of Integrity in every interaction.
- Maintains oversight of all aspects of the hospital’s storage of medications both in the pharmacy department, ADC’s and off campus locations that maintain a non-dispensing drug outlet permit.
- Inventory Control:
- Monitors usage and notifies pharmacy purchasing agent of drugs which need to par levels decreased or removed from formulary due to expiration.
- Conducts monthly inventory, in conjunction with a consultant pharmacist, of the pharmacy department and all MRMC off campus facilities that maintain a non-dispensing drug outlet permit to assess compliance with both state and federal pharmaceutical regulations.
- Ensures all expired medications are removed from circulation and quarantined in appropriate area to await return or destruction.
- Optimizes the individual ADC inventory and adjust par levels based on stockouts
- Completely documents all inspection activities.
- Assists with daily cart fill.
- Able to maintain and troubleshoot pharmacy printers, copier and fax machine (change paper and ink/ribbon, reset printers, etc).
- Understands the components of the Patient Medication Profile and uses this information for problem resolution.
- Understands the functions of pharmacy software and is able to assist in resolving medication-related issues.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the Operation of the Inpatient Drug Distribution System
- Delivery/Security of Medications including refilling ADCs and entering correct expiration date.
- Works well with others and as a part of a team.
- Maintains Organization and Cleanliness of Work Environment
- Knows medications on adult high risk medication list and always refers these meds to a pharmacist for checking per pharmacy protocol.
- Ensures proper storage and maintenance of medicinal leeches.
- Technician Checking: SC State Certified Technicians only:
- Accurately checks authorized medications pulled by other technicians for refill of automated dispensing cabinets or refill of patient medication orders via daily cart fill.
- Accurately checks authorized premixed IVs and mini-bag plus medications pulled by other technicians for refill of patient IV orders via IV batch processing.
- Demonstrates accuracy on technician checking competency.
The Pharmacy Inspection Technician exhibits and conveys the message of the Service Excellence Standards, Value of Caring, Value of the Person, Value of Quality, and the Value of Integrity in every interaction. Maintains oversight of all aspects of the hospital’s storage of medications both in the pharmacy department, ADC’s and off campus locations that maintain a non-dispensing drug outlet permit. He/she will be responsible for; but not limited to, inventory control, accuracy of medication charges, assist Pharmacist in the operation of the Drug Distribution System, and the overall function of department equipment and systems. He/She must be knowledgeable of hospital technician practices and will work closely with Supervisor and Pharmacist to ensure safe and accurate results.
Status: Full time; 80 hours biweekly
Licenses and/or Certifications: Must be a State and Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician and provide evidence of current CPhT.
Physical Requirements: Constant standing, walking, with ability to lift objects
Florence, SC, United States