Pharmacy Technician (FT) – Seacoast
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values
- Exhibits and conveys the message of the Service Excellence Standards, Value of Caring, Value of the Person, Value of Quality, and the Value of Integrity in every interaction.
- Maintains oversight of all aspects of the hospital’s storage of medications both in the pharmacy department, ADC’s and off campus locations that maintain a non-dispensing drug outlet permit.
- Inventory Control:
- Monitors usage and notifies pharmacy purchasing agent of drugs which need to par levels decreased or removed from formulary due to expiration.
- Ensures all expired medications are removed from circulation and quarantined in appropriate area to await return or destruction.
- Optimizes the individual Pyxis machines inventory and adjust par levels based on stock outs in conjunction with supervising pharmacist.
- Able to maintain and troubleshoot pharmacy printers, copier and fax machine (change paper and ink/ribbon, reset printers, etc).
- Understands the components of the Patient Medication Profile and uses this information for problem resolution.
- Uses computer system to maintain accuracy of medication charges, charging for dispensed medications and crediting medications that are returned to the pharmacy. Enters correct date of service for all charges/credits.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the Operation of the Inpatient Drug Distribution System
- Delivery/Security of Medications including refilling pyxis machines and entering correct expiration date.
- Works well with others and as a part of a team.
- Maintains Organization and Cleanliness of Work Environment
- Compounding and Prepacking:
- Accurately and securely pulls and refills controlled substances.
- Accurately prepares Compounded Sterile Products following USP 797 and 800 Guidelines
- Accurately prepares Compounded non-sterile products following USP 795 Guidelines
- Technician Checking: SC State Certified Technicians only:
- Accurately checks authorized medications pulled by other technicians for refill of automated dispensing cabinets or refill of patient medication orders via daily cart fill.
- Accurately checks authorized premixed IVs and mini-bag plus medications pulled by other technicians for refill of patient IV orders via IV batch processing
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- Must be registered or certified with the SCLLR Board of Pharmacy
- Hospital or retail pharmacy experience acceptable
Little River, SC, United States