Pharmacy Technician – PRN – McLeod Pharmacy Inpatient Department
McLeod Pharmacy Department
Pharmacy Tech (Inpatient)
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Exhibits and conveys the message of the Service Excellence Standards, Value of Caring, Value of the Person, Value of Quality, and Value of Integrity in every interaction.
- Able to maintain and troubleshoot pharmacy printers, copier, and fax machine (change paper and ink/ribbon, reset printers, etc.)
- Understands the components of the Patient Medication Profile and uses this information for problem resolution.
- Understands the functions of pharmacy software and is able to assist in resolving medication-related issues.
- Uses computer system to maintain accuracy of medication accuracy of medication charges, charging for dispensed medications and crediting medications that are returned to the pharmacy. Enters correct date of service for all charges/credits.
- Assist the Pharmacist in the Operation of the Inpatient Drug Distribution System.
- Delivery/Security of Medications including refilling ADCs and entering correct expiration date.
- Works well with others and as a part of a team.
- Maintains Organization and Cleanliness of Work Environment.
- Knows medications on audit high risk medication list and always refers these meds to a pharmacist for checking per pharmacy protocol.
- Utilizes pharmacy technology to compound, prepack and barcode medications for dispensing to patients.
- Accurately and securely pulls and refills controlled substances.
- Uses sterile technique and follows current USP guidelines and procedures for preparing IV admixtures, including hazardous drugs upon proper training.
- Technician Checking: SC State Certified Technicians Only
- Accurately checks authorized medications pulled by other technicians for refill of automated dispensing cabinets or refill of patient medication orders via daily cart fill.
- Accurately checks authorized premixed IVs and mini-bag plus medications pulled by other technicians for refill of patient IV orders via IV batch processing.
- Demonstrates accuracy on technician checking competency.
PRN – Shifts as schedule; as needed
Inpatient Pharmacy – Provides 24-hour Pharmacy services for our inpatients.
Skills Required Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from accredited school ~or~ successful completion of WIN Testing~or~ completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program. South Carolina Pharmacy Technician registration required, State and/or National Certification is preferred. Must have a good background in mathematics, have good communication skills, and the ability to work well with others in a busy environment. Computer skills as well as typing skills are also needed.
Florence, SC, United States