Physical Therapist – Rehab Services (Dillon)
- Evaluates and re-evaluates patient’s physical and functional status including, but not limited to, muscular strength, sensation, motor function, ambulation, balance and social/environmental needs.
- Establishes short and long term therapy goals and, based on evaluation data, initiates treatment plans consistent with goals. Identifies and initiates development of new treatment protocols/procedures, programs, and clinics.
- Selects the appropriate therapeutic modality, exercise or assistive device for each patient based on the initial assessment, physician referral and individual patient’s age‑specific and learning needs.
- Adheres to regulatory guidelines as outlined in departmental policy and procedures. Adheres to the SC State LLR and SC State Practice Act guidelines, McLeod Health and departmental policies and procedures. Ensures patient confidentiality through the proper maintenance of protected health information.
- Communicates with physicians, ancillary services, and colleagues as needed regarding treatment provided progress and problems of the patient.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Provides an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families, and visitors. Consistently handles customer complaints promptly and effectively when problems encountered.
- Displays leadership initiative, is flexible, and demonstrates the ability to float between treatment settings.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in education offerings, independently achieves and maintains CEUs for SC LLR.
- Serves as a mentor and/or resource person on clinical problems for all staff and assists in their clinical development.
- Assists in clinical instruction of PT and PTA students during their clinical affiliation. Plans and coordinates student affiliations for all PT and PTA students.
“Primarily outpatient working with mostly orthopedic population”.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school
- Valid South Carolina Physical Therapy licensure
- BLS certification
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly
SIGN ON BONUS AND RELO OFFERED!!
Dillon, SC, United States