Physician Office LPN, Full-time, McLeod Primary Care Turbeville
- Performs direct patient care, i.e., triage, assessment, procedures, treatments, patient education, discharge and follow-up instructions. Prepares patient to be seen by provider.
- Formulates the initial database by systematically collecting pertinent information through communication with patient and family, observation, and objective examination.
- Prepares medication and gives the injections as ordered by the provider.
- Schedules testing and referral appointments for patients per provider instructions and completes follow-up.
- Consults with patient on telephone calls either addressing the problem or referring the call to another clinical staff or provider, as appropriate.
- Calls in and documents prescriptions as ordered by the provider.
- Reviews daily laboratory and radiology reports, notifying the provider of any abnormal results. Calls patients with test results according to established policy and as directed by the provider.
- Cleans and straightens examination rooms between patients according to OSHA standards.
- Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms.
- Sets up and maintains equipment, immediately notifies management or appropriate personnel of any malfunction.
- Maintains medical supply inventory, checks expiration dates on medications and vaccines and disposes of outdated medications.
- Ensures that that examination and treatment rooms are adequately stocked with medical supplies.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment needed to perform duties.
- Attends scheduled in-services. Reads and assimilates materials that provide information on the practice and community services.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a physician’s office or other clinical setting.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program – Associates Degree of Nursing (ADN) required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Valid, active Registered Nurse License verified by LLR.
- BLS Certified
- Full-time, 80 hrs bi-weekly
Manning, SC, United States