Physician Office LPN, PRN, McLeod Primary Care Seacoast
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assists the physician in assessing the needs of patients based on data collected through history, observation, physical exam, telephone triage and analysis of diagnostic data:
- Performs direct patient care, i.e. triage, assessment, procedures, treatments, patient education, discharge and follow-up instructions. Prepares patient to be seen by physician.
- Formulates the initial database by systematically collecting pertinent information through communication with patient and family, observation and objective evaluation. This includes vital signs, history, and chief complaint, and documentation of all relevant information in the patient’s chart.
- Records database in patient’s medical record as appropriate.
- Performs specialized tests such as audiometry, electrocardiography, inhalation treatments, and selected laboratory procedures as needed in practice.
- Prepares medications and gives injections as ordered by the physician.
- Applies splints such as OCL, MCF, and others as needed.
- Assists physician with treatments and procedures as needed.
- Provides for patient education appropriate to the situation.
- Schedules testing and referral appointments for patients per physician instructions.
- Consults with patient on telephone calls whether addressing the problem or referring the call to the physician.
- Performs follow-up calls to patients as necessary.
- Performs other duties necessary in providing high quality patient care:
- Cleans and straightens examination rooms between patients according to OSHA standards.Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms.
- Sets up and maintains equipment and immediately notifies the physician office manager or appropriate personnel of any malfunction.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment needed to perform duties.Maintains medical supply inventory, checks expiration dates on drugs and vaccines and disposes of outdated medications. Orders all medical supplies and assists drug representatives as needed.
- Possesses skills and abilities required in a multifaceted environment in addition to those relating to nursing:
- Promotes a climate conducive to learning through encouragement of co-worker’s formal and informal continuing education.
- Assists with overall review of quality of patient care by performing chart audits and prescribed data collection.
- Actively participates in departmental QA projects. Promotes the practice mission and philosophy.
- Promotes the practice by projecting a positive image.
- Understands and appreciates that you are a leader in our practice.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires. Prefer at least one year experience in physician’s office or other clinical setting.
- Computer skills required.
Little River, SC, United States