Physician Office Nursing Supervisor for Ortho (FT) – Seacoast
Little River, SC
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- This position carries supervisory responsibility in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Coordinates workflow in clinics and prioritizes and shifts duties as necessary to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Access the needs of patients based on data collected through history observation physical exam telephone triage and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Performs direct patient care ie: triage, assessment, procedures, treatment, patient education, discharge and follow up instructions.
- Completes chart preparation for each patient’s office visit to include patient’s history, test completion, and medication reconciliation. Completes documentation and assessment at end of visit to include follow visit and testing.
- Schedules surgeries as needed for patients. Coordinates pre-op teaching/testing, scheduling, and follow up as needed. May be needed for immediate post-operative monitoring.
- Provides telephone triage for patients. Expected to return calls to patient within 24 hours.
- Facilitate paperwork for patients as needed: FMLA, short-term, and long-term disability, etc.
- Assists with in-office procedures (ie. Joint and nerve injections, Epidural steroid injections, Stimulator trials and placements, Pain pump trials and placements, and Radiofrequency ablations) to include scheduling, pre and post-operative teaching, and follow-up.
- Performs wound care as needed.
- Travels to outreach clinics as needed.
- Office Clinical Supply inventory management / ordering.
- Performs other duties as necessary while providing high quality patient care.
At least two years clinical setting
Leadership experience preferred
Must meet all the applicable state requirements governing the qualifications for a Registered Nurse licensed in the State of South Carolina
Must have and maintain BLS certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or Business Administration preferred
Little River, SC, United States