Physician Office RN- McLeod Urology
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Performs direct patient care, i.e. triage, assessment, procedures, treatments, patient education, discharge and follow-up instructions.
- Prepares patient to be seen by physician
- Formulates the initial database by systematically collecting pertinent information through communication with patient and family, observation and objective evaluation. This includes vital signs, history, and chief complaint, and documentation of all relevant information in the patient’s chart
- Records database in patient’s medical record as appropriate.
- Performs specialized tests such as urology office surgical procedures and selected laboratory procedures as needed in practice.
- Prepares medications and gives injections as ordered by the physician
- Inserts and removes catheters as requested.
- Assists physician with treatments and procedures as needed.
- Provides for patient education appropriate to the situation.
- Schedules testing and referral appointments for patients per physician instructions.
- Consults with patient on telephone calls whether addressing the problem or referring the call to the physician.
- Performs follow-up calls to patients as necessary.
- Cleans and straightens examination rooms between patients according to OSHA standards.
- Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms.
- Sets up and maintains equipment and immediately notifies the physician office manager or appropriate personnel of any malfunction.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment needed to perform duties.
- Maintains medical supply inventory, checks expiration dates on drugs and vaccines and disposes of outdated medications. Orders all medical supplies and assists drug representatives as needed.
- Promotes a climate conducive to learning through encouragement of co-worker’s formal and informal continuing education.
- Assists with overall review of quality of patient care by performing chart audits and prescribed data collection.
- Actively participates in departmental QA projects. Promotes the practice mission and philosophy.
- Promotes the practice by projecting a positive image.
- Understands and appreciates that you are a leader in our practice.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
Work Schedule: 80 hours bi-weekly
Prefer at least one year experience in physician’s office or other clinical setting.
Computer skills required.
Must possess a valid SC license- RN
WHAT WE OFFER:
- McLeod Health & Fitness Center – 100,000 square ft. facility
- competitive salaries
- Variety of Medical Benefit Packages:
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Florence, SC, United States