Physician Office Supervisor, McLeod Primary Care Sunset Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Greets patients and visitors in a friendly and courteous manner always facing forward with attention on the patient/visitor.
- Answers telephone within three rings using good customer service skills to ascertain the nature of the call as needed.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette when receiving and transferring calls; speaks clearly and concisely. Exercises tact and diplomacy.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies, and setting an example.
- PTO Approval Providers/Staff
- Handles Customer complaints as appropriate
- Review financials with providers and AVP monthly
- Review daily, monthly, quarterly insurance/billing reports
- Lead teams with
- Service Excellence
- Operational Budget Goals
- Daily Huddles
- Human Resources
- Handles HR issues with staff appropriately
- Hire staff with Practice Administrator
- Terminate staff with Practice Administrator
- Participate in PEP process when needed.
- Oversee training of New Employees
- Provider (All CME, Onboarding, White Coats, Boards, Greenlight, Meetings, license)
- Call Schedule (create on-call schedule with locum company and process payment)
- Call Schedule for providers (if applicable)
- Review, optimize, monitor all processes in office
- Round on employees/waiting room as indicated by Service Excellence
- Report any defects/anomalies to Practice Administrator immediately
- Monitor CLIA, Shred, Hazardous waste usage, equipment, license
- Participate in Goal setting with Practice Administrator
- Expectations are each Supervisor to be a leader in McLeod organization
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
- Approves time off, enters time in API, and establishes coverage for absent staff members.
- Responsibilities include overseeing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assisting in appraisal performance and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform charge entry payment processing duties accurately and in accordance with MPA Guidelines.
- In coordination with Practice Administrator, serves as gatekeeper for the practice and directs visitors, vendors, patients in a helpful manner and in accordance with Compliance and HIPAA Privacy Practices.
- Maintains demographic data in EMR
- Assists patients with account questions and other issues as needed.
- Acts as Liaison between physicians and leadership and other departments under direction of Practice Administrator.
- Ensures proper cash handling according to MPA policy.
- Participates in performance review interviews, with Practice Administrator direction.
- Reviews, approves, codes all invoices for payment.
- Ensures all supplies and equipment are supplied and/or maintained in working order, coordinating with Materials Management, Bio Med, and Engineering Departments, as appropriate.
- Monitors and communicates risk and quality issues to Practice Administrator.
- Assists with the development of office operating budget; monitors expenses on an ongoing basis and reports any variances to Practice Administrator.
- Prepares daily deposit and insures balancing within MPA Cash Handling Policy Guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic knowledge of computer input.
Must be able to perform basic clerical functions.
Comprehend medical terminology.
Good spelling and number skills.
Clear, concise voice.
One to two years’ experience in a medical office setting
Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school required.
Myrtle Beach, SC, United States