Radiologic Technologist (FT), Florence Neurosurgery and Spine
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Knowledgeable in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy, and pathology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant bedside manner.
- Give instructions to patients who may be nervous regarding radiography procedures.
- Give straightforward instructions and answer questions as well as foster a sense of comfort and confidence in patients.
- Prepare equipment for use as needed.
- Prepare examination rooms for patient exams.
- Position patients during exams.
- Monitor patients during exams.
- Document information into computers.
- Report important information to the physician.
- Ensure safety of patients during exams.
- Produce diagnostic images of soft tissues.
- Set goals with Administrator to meet the high demand of radiology.
- Handles all forms or paperwork as necessary for this position.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Keeps work area neat, clear of clutter.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate technical factors for procedure, based on body habits, pathology and body parts.
- Processes completed images making sure they are of interpret able quality.
- Continues to develop professionalism through continuing education programs and in-services.
- Complies with all policies of the system with the intention of delivering the highest quality of service.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Basic knowledge of computer input.
Must be able to perform radiology procedures
Comprehend medical terminology.
Good spelling and number skills.
Clear, concise voice.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Graduate of an Accredited radiologic technology program
A.R.R.T certification ,Minimum licensing from South Carolina Quality Standards Association ( SCRQSA)
Florence, SC, United States