Radiologic Technologist I, McLeod Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Knowledgeable in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy, and pathology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant bedside manner.
- Give instructions to patients who may be nervous regarding radiography procedures.
- Give straightforward instructions and answer questions as well as foster a sense of comfort and confidence in patients.
- Prepare equipment for use as needed.
- Prepare examination rooms for patient exams.
- Position patients during exams.
- Monitor patients during exams.
- Document information into computers.
- Report important information to the physician.
- Ensure safety of patients during exams.
- Produce diagnostic images of soft tissues.
- Use sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the body.
- Administer targeted doses of radiation to the patient’s body as ordered by physician.
- Administer trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a patient to obtain functional information about organs, tissues and bone.
- Measure bone mineral density at a specific anatomical site.
- Set goals with Administrator to meet the high demand of radiology.
- Handles all forms or paperwork as necessary for this position.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Keeps work area neat, clear of clutter.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
May be required to work After Hours clinic as needed.
Hours of Operation for
Basic knowledge of computer input.
Must be able to perform radiology procedures
Comprehend medical terminology.
Good spelling and number skills.
Clear, concise voice.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Graduate of an Accredited radiologic technology program
A.R.R.T certification ,Minimum licensing from South Carolina Quality Standards Association ( SCRQSA)
Florence, SC, United States