Radiologic Technologist I, Florence Neurosurgery
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Knowledgeable in all terminology related to MRI, anatomy, and pathology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant bedside manner.
- Give instructions to patients who may be nervous regarding MRI procedures.
- Give straightforward instructions and answer questions as well as foster a sense of comfort and confidence in patients.
- Prepare equipment for use as needed.
- Prepare examination rooms for patient exams.
- Position patients during exams.
- Monitor patients during exams.
- Document information into computers.
- Report important information to the physician.
- Ensure safety of patients during exams.
- Produce diagnostic images of the body.
- Use radio frequency waves with the magnetic field to obtain cross-sectional images of the body.
- Administer doses of gadolium based contrast to the patient as ordered by physician.
- Set goals with Administrator to meet the high demand of MRI.
- Handles all forms or paperwork as necessary for this position.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Keeps work area neat, clear of clutter.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
Basic knowledge of computer input.
Must be able to perform radiology procedures
Comprehend medical terminology.
Good spelling and number skills.
Clear, concise voice.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Graduate of an Accredited radiologic technology program
A.R.R.T certification ,Minimum licensing from South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association ( SCRQSA)
Florence, SC, United States