Radiologic Technologist (PRN)- McLeod Orthopedics
Radiology Tech- McLeod Orthopaedic Associates- Florence
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant bedside manner.
- Give straightforward instructions and answer questions as well as foster a sense of comfort and confidence in patients
- Prepare equipment for use as needed.
- Position patients during exams.
- Document information into computers.
- Ensure safety of patients during exams.
- Use sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the body.
- Administer trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a patient to obtain functional information about organs, tissues and bone.
- Measure bone mineral density at a specific anatomical site.
- Handles all forms or paperwork as necessary for this position.
- Set goals with Administrator to meet the high demand of radiology.
- Administer targeted doses of radiation to the patient’s body as ordered by physician.
- Produce diagnostic images of soft tissues.
- Report important information to the physician.
- Monitor patients during exams.
- Prepare examination rooms for patient exams.
- Give instructions to patients who may be nervous regarding radiography procedures.
- Knowledgeable in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy, and pathology.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
Work Schedule: PRN (as needed- no benefits)
Basic knowledge of computer input.
Must be able to perform radiology procedures
Comprehend medical terminology.
Good spelling and number skills.
Clear, concise voice.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Graduate of an Accredited radiologic technology program
A.R.R.T certification ,Minimum licensing from South Carolina Quality Standards Association ( SCRQSA)
Florence, SC, United States