Radiology Vascular Tech – Cath Lab
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Assist with patient transport as assigned.
- Prepares procedure suite for all procedures.
- Provide competent assistance to the physician in all procedures with caring for the patient and scrubbing the procedure with the physician.
- Provide patient teaching and patient safety.
- Operates physiological monitor and recorder systems. Assist with accurate maintenance of files and records and preparation of patient charges to insure 99% success charge rate.
- Recognize and report all major cardiac arrhythmias timely to physician and other care providers.
- Monitor the patient’s electrocardiogram as well as vascular and internal cardiac pressures alerting the physician of significant changes.
- Adjust calibrations for monitoring equipment as necessary for accurate pressure readings.
- Operate digital playback at physician’s request and retrieve images from deep archive (LTA).
- Is responsible for the operation of all equipment in the Cath Lab procedure room, and C-Arms.
- Perform daily quality control checks on the X‑Ray system and supporting equipment to insure proper function of equipment at all times.
- Display knowledge of X‑Ray equipment and operation.
- Display knowledge of DC defibrillator and able to use the system when appropriate.
- Load and operate pressure injector as ordered by physician.
- Obtain hemostasis by holding pressure on the patient groin/arm, control bleeding at surgical site, and deploy hematoma management as needed after the procedure has been completed.
- Performs calculations of heart functions to include ejection fractions, valve areas, pressure gradients, shunt
- calculations, etc., to accurately assist with patient’s diagnosis.
- Cleans and maintains departmental equipment per specific standards.
- Customer service; able to answer department telephone and provide customer assistance.
- Performs procedural billing activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Radiological Technology
- Registered Technologist with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologist with a Certification with South Carolina Radiation Quality Standard Association
- Basic Life Support Certification.
Florence, SC, United States