Receptionist/Aide (FT) – Carolina Forest Rehab
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assists clinician in treatments when indicated.
- Transports patients.
- Checks patients in for treatment and notifies clinician patient is present.
- Prepares patients and treatment area for treatment.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, and schedules patients.
- Cooperates with other department staff to ensure an orderly, clean, safe work area.
- Keeps checks on basic supplies and orders supplies.
- Opens and/or closes department.
- Completes daily charge report and enters information into computer system as needed.
- Participates in Performance Improvement monitors, reporting, utilization of physical therapy services.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with patients of all ages.
- Collects all demographic information relevant to the registration process for all types of patients entering the information in the computer. Obtain patient authorization signatures on consent forms, etc.
- Obtain copies of front and back of all insurance identification cards.
- Call attorney, Worker’s Compensation adjuster, employer, or insurance company to verify representation,
- Verify insurance coverage and/or benefits. Also obtain authorization and/or pre-certifications when applicable.
- Place reminder call for scheduled patient appointments and documents in system.
- Demonstrates effective communications in obtaining information during the registration and/or discharge process.
- Demonstrates effective competency in the release of information regarding medical records or financial information.
- Patients will be scheduled according to therapist’s working hours.
- Patients will be scheduled within 48-72 hours. Senior clinician notified if access time greater than 72 hours
- Patients are offered the opportunity to “make up” scheduled visits when cancelling or NCNS and encounter is documented in system.
- Attends mandatory meetings as required by the hospital.
- Willingly participates in doing other duties although not directly assigned.
- Seeks out work that needs to be done.
- Is accountable for cost-effective supply management and assists other personnel in containing costs.
- Recognizes problems and recommends solutions for positive changes in operations.
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changes in operations, management styles and position routines.
- Respects, at all times, the confidentiality of patient’s records and facility operations. Uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of the staffing hierarchical structure and chain of command; follow proper lines of communication.
- Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness and strives to use time effectively.
- Does not allow unimportant interruptions to waste time at the expense of assigned duties.
- Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities, is prompt in completing assigned activities.
- Accepts assignments for other projects when necessary.
- Is willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload or special assignments when requested.
- Follows all department policies and procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent
Little River, SC, United States