Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
We are looking for a self-motivating recruiter with experience in building relationships, managing high volume work, with out-of-the box thinking to help drive excellent staffing. Skills would include talent sourcing and attracting preferably in the healthcare field along with excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. A successful recruiter will collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify current and future hiring needs. You should also be able to attract candidates using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals.
The responsibilities of the Recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires, and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Conducts strategic meetings with hiring managers to identify expectations, clarify processes, and provide regular updates
- Captures market data and bold intelligence to present to executive leadership, HR Compensation, and hiring managers across the different campuses
- Creates a communication plan that promotes partnership for acquiring the necessary talent
- Has business and financial acumen to understand and tailor activities to meet the businesses overall objectives’
- Leadership training to hiring managers
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of current state/federal legal and regulatory legislation (specifically Employment Law) along with McLeod Health Policies and Procedures in Human Resources
- Works with the HR Partner to assign ADA eligible employees and communicate with previous employees on rehire status
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging technology to stay abreast of innovative sourcing trends and best recruitment practices
- Market McLeod to attract qualified candidates at but not limited to career fairs, classroom visits, and interview sessions
- Review all criminal background checks to ensure we are in compliance with state laws
- Maintains membership in/rapport with professional associations
- Builds applicant sources by researching, sourcing, and utilizing social media platforms to attract new talent
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new programs and emphasizing benefits and perks
- Screening and evaluating all applicants for vacant positions as assigned; this includes but is not limited to clinical, non-clinical, leadership and corporate positions within healthcare
- Maintain organizational equity by calculating all salaries
- Delivers and negotiates job offers and rejections to candidates
- Update and maintain Applicant Tracking System and Onboarding system for all candidates
- Maintain open communication with applicants relating to their interest in employment opportunities
- Coordinate all job offers and in-processing of newly hired candidates
- Ensuring all new hire and transfer files meet the requirements of the Survey Readiness team
- Complete Talent Acquisition reports as requested and needed
- Ambassador at New hire Orientation and major hiring events
- Acts as a liaison for the McLeod family representing the employment brand while building new alliances and networks
- Identify, develop and maintain workforce development partnerships.
- Develop effective working relationships with government agencies and maintain regular contact in order to monitor employer and employee satisfaction
- Assess the staffing needs of the business and track employment placement and retention outcomes for program participants
- Prepare materials for and support completion of monthly reports
- Gather, analyze and process grant program data
- Organize, plan, and execute workforce development events as necessary for various assigned projects
- Participate in professional workforce development through appropriate conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars
- Provide input to the Talent Acquisition team and make recommendations for improvements to workforce development programs
Qualifications / Training:
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter who excels in time management
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Phone, TEAMS, and online meeting platform experience is encouraged
- An aptitude and adaptability to learn various software products
- Supports workforce diversity
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
- Recruiting and interviewing skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or other related field. Will consider equivalent offsetting experience in lieu of degree.
Florence, SC, United States