Registered Nurse – Behavioral Health – PRN
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic, age specific needs of each patient
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Using service excellence standards to conduct patient rounds as indicated by level of acuity
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for the psychiatric patient to include seclusion/restraint, falls, and maintaining a safe environment
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Maintains knowledge of Performance Improvement Initiatives for the department, i.e. HBIPS
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Training: Zero to less than 1 year of related work experience
- An active Registered Nursing License verified by the LLR
- ADN required
Darlington, SC, United States