Registered Nurse- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Full Time
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Provides professional patient care to Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation patients according to established standards, institutional policy and procedures. Assist the Department Director and other staff members in administering the day to day operations of the department. Under physician supervision, develops appropriate treatment plans, to include assessment, implementation, evaluation and reassessment. Coordinates, appropriately delegates, and monitors tasks assigned to other members of the care team. Provide instruction and educational programs which assist patient and family in understanding cardiovascular disease. Provide telemetry monitoring and assess patient’s response to exercise in a controlled environment and according to physician’s prescription. Effectively manages patient crisis or emergency situations.
- Develops and implements treatment plans according to established protocols and physician’s orders.
- Maintains records of patients’ status and progress during Phase I, II and III/IV. Ensures that Medicare records are documented appropriately.
- Conducts patient and client interviews.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary team conferences.
- Coordinates, in conjunction with appropriate staff, educational programs for clients and their families, as needed.
- Develops and implements educational programs for Phase II and III/IV patients.
- Assesses clinical and cardiac status of patients and reviews with attending physician and other appropriate staff.
- Determines, in conjunction with appropriate staff, contraindications to exercise.
- Develops, supervises and/or provides exercise instructions to patients and clients in Cardiac Rehab Phases II, III & IV in conjunction with appropriate staff. May collaborate with other Cardiopulmonary departments
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of monitoring equipment and ECG interpretation, interprets and responds appropriately to dysrhythmias.
- Demonstrates required knowledge to effectively operate various pieces of exercise equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Assists Department Director in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Sets up, and takes down equipment in Phase II,III & IV program.
- Leads warm-up and cool-down exercises for Phase II,III & IV program.
- Maintains good rapport with patients.
- Assists with ambulation of inpatients.
- Generates monthly progress reports.
- Assists in all aspects of cardiac rehabilitation as needed.
- Assists with cleaning of equipment.
Work schedule: Full Time
Experience in cardiac rehab program preferred. Successfully completed a basic ECG test within orientation. ACLS certification within 6 months after employment.
Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS.
Florence, SC, United States