Registered Nurse (Cheraw) – Home Health
Registered Nurse (Cheraw) – Home Health
1. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
2. Responsible for the management and coordination of care for patients in an assigned geographic area.
3. Responsible for the assessment and implementation of patient care using remote care technology to achieve optimal clinical outcomes.
4. Responsible for directing Licensed Practical Nurses to ensure quality patient care.
5. Collaborates with all caregiver staff: team RNs, LPNs, HHAs, PT, OT, ST, MSW for interdisciplinary coordination of patient care; provides field supervision of HHA; work interdependently with Referral-Intake-Scheduling-Authorization (RISA) staff, managers, Practice Support, Billing Specialists and clerical support.
6. Responsible for independent actions consistent with the professional standards of nursing practice.
7. Directly accountable to the Clinical Manager, McLeod Home Health.
8. Functions within agency and unit policies and procedures.
9. Manages own time productively and independently and complies with attendance and reporting requirements.
10. Must have knowledge of State Licensure Laws, the Conditions of Participation of the Federal Health Insurance Program for the Aged and Disabled (Title XVIII, Social Security Act, Section 1861), and the regulations relating to Conditions of Participation for Home Health Agencies (Part 405, Section 1201-1243), JCAHO, and OSHA regulation desirable. Must have foundational knowledge of medical surgical nursing practice.
11. Demonstrates ability in exhibiting good communication skills, attention to guest relations focusing on the patient as a client. Good interpersonal relationships. Good writing skills and computer literacy are desirable. Organizational and time management skills desirable. Must have strong physical assessment skills and clinical skills.
12. Must be highly adaptable and have the ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and judgement in carrying out work assignments. Is self-directed and seeks and acquires the information needed to function efficiently and effectively within a clinical model that incorporates the concept of coordinated patient care. Must have good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
13. Must be able to function in an office and clinical setting which includes standing, walking, sitting, etc. In the office minimal. Must be able to use office and clinical equipment such as copier, computers, calculators, glucometers, pulse oximeters etc. Must have very good manual dexterity in carrying out technical and physical aspects of role. Must have good hearing and eyesight.
14. Moderate Physical activity involved with daily and frequent walking, standing, bending, lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to fifty pounds, sitting, and driving. Full range of motion and strenuous movements may be necessary if performing patient care.
15. Working condition is in an office which is well ventilated, lighted and temperature regulated. In the home setting and related travel, conditions may be inclimate, cramped, or required special accommodations for patient care. In such conditions, safety must be in the responsibility of the worker.
16. Must use own car when company transportation is not available for travel to remote sites, often in rural, isolated areas. Must be able to handle potential problems related to safety issues for staff and patients in all settings.
Work Schedule: 80 Hours Biweekly. Full Time. This position will work in Cheraw.
· At least two years of nursing experience preferred.
· One year home care highly desirable
· Must possess a current valid SC driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by law. Must be at least 21 years old to be covered under McLeod Health’s fleet vehicle insurance policy. Must meet McLeod policy for driving eligibility. License and registration as required by state law. RN License, BLS Certification. Possession of professional liability insurance is encouraged.
Florence, SC, United States