Registered Nurse – Emergency Services – PRN (Clarendon)
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data. Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients. Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care. Using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds. Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors. Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff. Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls. Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advances Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position). Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees. Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices. Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Zero to less than 1 year of related work experience.
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS.
- ACLS Certification within 3 months of hire date.
- PALS Certification within 6 months of hire date.
- New Graduate RN’s (defined as having no bedside RN clinical experience) must complete PALS and ACLS within 12 months of hire.
- Successful completion of NIH Stroke Certification within 6 months of hire and renewal every 2 years thereafter.
- CPI certification within 12 months of hire.
Manning, SC, United States