Registered Nurse, Endoscopy
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Assesses needs of Endoscopy patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination, and analysis of diagnostic data.
Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Endoscopy Suite (refer to McLeod Health Nursing Competencies A, B, and C):
- Following all new hire expectations for, but not limited to, the Endoscopy Suite.
- Following unit expectations around scheduling.
- Emergency Management
- Identifying resources, understanding the role of the resource(s), and the ability to contact the resource for needs of the unit.
- Patient Satisfaction Initiatives
- Performing Patient Safety Initiatives
- Initiating Core Measures
- Carrying out Physicians Orders
- Utilizing the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Nursing Handoff in Care/Bedside Report
- Completing Procedural Paperwork
- Maintaining Patient Privacy with the Patient Record/Patient Information
- Providing Patient Education
- Utilizes Downtime Toolkit when applicable.
- Completing Patient Admission(s), Discharge(s), and Transfer(s) in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Reconciling and Administering Patient Medication
- Utilizing standard work for: Venipunctures, Blood Cultures, Blood Bank Bandings, and Capillary Collections.
- Administering Blood and Blood products
- Performs Waived Testing
- Utilizing Improve the Process.
- Applying and Documenting Patient Restraints and Seclusion in accordance to policy and procedure.
- Utilizing and performing Code Management
- Performing and documenting full systems assessments
- Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific needs and/or conditions: Endoscopy Admissions, Intra Procedural Care, Time Out, Procedural Equipment, Endoscopy Procedures, and Endoscopy Discharge.
- Utilizing Infection Control Precautions. � Performing Preventative care for Hospital Acquired Conditions, including but not limited to: Falls, CAUTI, and CLABSI
Using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds.
Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, and visitors.
Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working araound or handling hazardous substances, including blood or bodily fluids.
Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators, restraints, and patients at risk for falls.
Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the Endoscopy Suite, as charge nurse when assigned.
Contributes to the overall performance of the Endoscopy Suite through the precepting of novice employees.
Contributes to the growth and performance of the Endoscopy Suite through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidenced Based Practices.
Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
Will float to assist in other like units as needed.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of related work experience
- Must possess a valid SC license LPN, BLS
Florence, SC, United States