Registered Nurse, FT Days with Night Relief, Medical Surgical, McLeod Loris
McLeod Health Loris, a 50-bed hospital, specializes in general surgery, womens services, emergency care, critical care, urology, and physical/occupational/speech therapies and features a Dialysis Access Center. There are 120 physicians on active and affiliate medical staff represent more than 32 specialties.
Sign On Bonus available!!
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Value.
- Assesses needs of the patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical, examination, and analysis of data.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standard of practice, incorporating the physicians prescribed medical plans of care.
- Conducts hourly rounds utilizing the 4 Ps.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families, and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, chest tubes, foley and suprapubic catheters, pressure ulcers, restraints and patients with high risk for falls.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through precepting and mentoring novice employees.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IVs, saline, medications in pre-packaged kits).
- Must have a current SC RN license or compact state.
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification.
- 72 hours biweekly; days with night relief; every other weekend
Loris, SC, United States