Registered Nurse, FT Nights, ICU, McLeod Loris
McLeod Health Loris, a 50-bed hospital, specializes in general surgery, women’s services, emergency care, critical care, urology, and physical/occupational/speech therapies and features a Dialysis Access Center. There are 120 physicians on active and affiliate medical staff represent more than 32 specialties.
Sign On Bonus available!!
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advances Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position).
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- Contributes to the department grown and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Full Time; 72 hours biweekly;
- Zero to less than 1 year of related work experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- BLS (Required for ALL nurses), Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position.
- Specialty certification preferred.
Loris, SC, United States