Registered Nurse – Hospice – PRN (Florence Area)
Nurse Hospice – PRN (Florence County)
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Must be empathetic, responsible, able to use time effectively, and willing to work with a team. Assess the needs of patients based on initial referral evaluation, nursing assessment and review of any diagnostic data.
- Develops a plan of care based on problems described/observed during the initial evaluation and nursing assessment. Provides appropriate care interventions consistent with the written plan of care which reflects the physicians prescribed medical plan.
- Serves as a case manager and interdisciplinary leader for each of her assigned patients, coordinating all members of the interdisciplinary team in providing high quality Hospice care. Attends team conferences and relays pertinent information to clinical manager and interdisciplinary team. Recognizes signs and symptoms of the actively dying patients & communicates this information to team members. Coordinates inpatient care, respite care, continuous care and routine home care when appropriate. Participates in an on-call rotation to maintain 24/7 RN availability. Completes documentation, assignments, and synchronizes electronic device according to policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates continual professional growth by completing at least 20 hours of continuing education annually, including all mandatory training, and keeping informed of all new policies and procedures. Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population served and understands the requirements of assessment, treatment, and care of the specific age groups(s). Completes annual training specific to age needs of patient population served. Demonstrates competence in planning for age appropriate and culturally sensitive care. Interprets information, and plans care related to family/significant others support, education, religious and cultural customs, and patient safety.
Schedule: PRN (As Needed).
- Must have active patient contact within the past year.
- Current South Carolina RN License.
- At least one year of nursing experience, and if applicable completion of a nursing refresher course within the past year.
- Current South Carolina Drivers License and Automobile Insurance as required by law.
- Current BLS certification.
Florence, SC, United States