Registered Nurse, PRN, Emergency Room, Clarendon
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advances Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position).
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN
- BLS on hire (American Heart Association)
- ACLS Certification within 3 months of hire date
- PALS Certification within 6 months of hire date
- Successful completion of NIH Stroke Certification within 6 months of hire and renewal every 2 years thereafter.
- CPI certification within 6 months of hire.
- PRN (coverage as needed)
Manning, SC, United States