Registered Nurse, PRN, Labor & Delivery, Clarendon
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Able to assess neonate at delivery and perform neonatal resuscitation according to AHA/AAP guidelines.
- Ability to perform head to toe assessments on infants and adult females and reassessments as per policy.
- Ability to conduct antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fetal monitoring. Identifies FHR patterns and treats appropriately.
- Communicates appropriately to supervisor, coworkers and providers.
- Ability to assess presenting part and cardiac activity with ultrasound.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized, and able to function under stressful situations.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- Active Registered Nursing License verified by the LLR
- BLS through American Heart Association
- Basic Fetal Monitoring and NRP within 3 months of hire date.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Experience required for PRN
- PRN (coverage as needed)
Manning, SC, United States