Registered Nurse, PRN, Operating Room, Dillon
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on date collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates the activities of other team members while simultaneously executing immediate directives and interventions in urgent or emergent situations.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Using Service Excellence standards, completes verification of Safe Surgery Checklist
- Fosters and environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, and visitors.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, Foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Prepares Operating Room, Recovery Room and/or receiving area for patient/procedure.
- Position and prepare patient for procedure and/or diagnostic test.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position).
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- OR experience required
- Licensed as RN in SC
- ADN required
Dillon, SC, United States