Registered Nurse, PRN, Progressive Care, McLeod Seacoast
Little River, SC
Near Myrtle Beach!
Serving northern Horry County (SC) and southern Brunswick County (NC), McLeod Health Seacoast has 155 patient beds, along with an expanding list of cardiac, vascular, surgical, orthopedic and other services. McLeod Health Seacoast has completed a major expansion by constructing a new modern patient tower, and there are more improvements to come.
As part of our growth strategy, we have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach to provide even more access to medical excellence in this region.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Value.
- Assesses needs of the patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical, examination, and analysis of data.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standard of practice, incorporating the physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Conducts hourly rounds utilizing the 4 P’s.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families, and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, chest tubes, foley and suprapubic catheters, pressure ulcers, restraints and patients with high risk for falls
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through precepting and mentoring novice employees.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, saline, medications in pre-packaged kits).
Schedule: PRN (as needed)
- Minimum 1 year of related nursing experience
- An active Registered Nursing License verified by LLR
- BLS required for all nurses, Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to population if serving in a charge nurse role
Little River, SC, United States